Oh hi friends! I don’t know about you all, but I’m pretty excited to say goodbye to this whole week. While the real world might have been disappointing, the internet did not fail to provide a number of pleasant and interesting distractions.
Here are a few of them:
- Beth Revis discusses why there are so many romance plots in Young Adult books.
- Beth Kephart blogs about why some teens don’t read YA books. Surprisingly, I relate to this, as I rarely read YA books as a teen – my interest in YA books didn’t really start until I was in my twenties and it was inappropriate.
- If Dr. Seuss books were titled according to their subtexts.
- It’s time again for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award.
- Even though I will always remain committed to my best, truest radio love This American Life, I have discovered a new NPR program that I’m enjoying Pop Culture Happy Hour.
- My obsession with John Green has reached an unfortunate new height … I now watch him play video games online (who even knew this was an option?).
- Last week’s NY Times wedding announcement was the cutest I’ve seen in a long time!