Happy Sunday! It’s my last lazy Sunday for awhile. Not that I’m complaining, because the lack of lazy time is due to a really awesome trip I’m going on. In fact, I shouldn’t be lazing around on the internet right now, I have guidebooks to read, suitcases to pack, and blog posts to schedule. But oh well, I suppose a bit of procrastination won’t hurt me … much.
If you are in a similar mood and want to lounge about on the internet here are a few links I’ve found interesting over the last few weeks.
- If you’re in your 20s and feel like you haven’t figured your life out yet, check out Buzzfeed’s list of 19 Successful People Who Had a Rough Time in their Twenties. If you have figured everything out, you can also look at the list and think to yourself, man I’m ahead of Oprah right now.
- According to this article in Discover Magazine your genes may be altered by your ancestor’s experiences. Let’s hope your grandparents had happy childhoods.
- Sometimes I see writing advice that says to take a break and watch a movie. I never believed it until I read Writing a Novel like a Movie on Terrence King’s Blog.
- All Kell Broke Lose writes about the fact that New Adult books seem to be exclusively romance/erotica in her blog post I’m a “new adult” so where’s all my romance?
- Do male romantic leads need to be so perfect looking? Yamina Collins says no!
- One of my favorite bloggers on Cross(stich) Your Heart has challenged herself to query 100 agents and indie publishers. I can’t wait until my manuscript is in the position that I can join the challenge!
- KateBrauning.com featured an excellent post about the benefits of signing with a new agent.
- Have you considered the literary implications of the name North West?