Happy Sunday! Who else is (at least a little) excited about the Emmys tonight? I honestly don’t care that much about the award show, but I love to see what the stars are wearing on the red carpet. I hope you have some fun plans today. If you are in DC you should definitely check out day two of the National Book Festival. It is one of my favorite things I’ve ever done, and I’m super jealous I can’t be there today. If you, like me, are too far away, here are some links as a consolation prize:
- A contest to define YA literature. No one knows what it means. Me included.
- The problems with gendered reading stereotypes.
- Peer pressure reads – I’d read 5 out 7 of the books on this list, because of peer pressure. How about you?
- Russian Literature as sexual education, this serious suggestion creeped me out. Don’t they know about Anna Karenina? Lolita?
- I’m coveting these Hamlet leggings and this Harry Potter Ring.
- Oscar Wilde had sex with Walt Whitman – hoax or not this got my imagination going … maybe I shouldn’t have admitted that.
- 30 books you should read before you turn 30. I better start reading, only four more years to go.
- I’m participating in NaNoWriMo (unless I get totally overwhelmed with my current WIP) this year for the first time this November, so I was super psyched to read these five tips to start preparing.
- The lovely lovely Booklahoma nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I love this girl’s blog. You all should all start reading her book reviews immediately.
4 thoughts on “Links for a Lazy Sunday”
Checked out the Hamlet leggings – I am pro – also the the peer pressure reads ( I must succumb to peer pressure too as I have read most of these) – also checked out Booklahoma thinking she must be from Oklahoma ( as I am ) but no. Have a great week.
Thanks for commenting. Hope you have a great week too. (:
I love that you’re doing NaNoWriMo. It’s a good way to step away from your WIP and come back refreshed.
That’s a really good way of looking at it, that I hadn’t thought of before. Thanks!