This is a mix of characters I love, characters with skills I’d love to have on the island with me, and characters who have both. I think it’s interesting that most of them are from YA novels. I’m not a creeper wanting to be on an island of teenagers I promise! I just think that it is easier for YA characters to be more idealized. The adult characters from my favorite books seemed so flawed by comparison. I’d love to know what characters you would take with you on a deserted island. Tell me in the comments!
- Ender Wiggin, from Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
- Toby, from The MaddAddam Trilogy by Margaret Atwood
- Levi, from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (just because of my huge crush on him)
- Hermione Granger, from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (magic tent from book 7 … need I say more?)
- Ethan Figman, from The Interestings by Meg Molitzer
- Katniss Everdeen, from Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Cricket Bell, from Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (he’d be like the professor on Gilligan’s Island)
- A, from Everyday by David Levithan
- Calvin, from A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Four, from Divergent by Veronica Roth
Big thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this weekly book meme.