This is a mix of characters I love, characters with skills I’d love to have on the island with me, and characters who have both. I think it’s interesting that most of them are from YA novels. I’m not a creeper wanting to be on an island of teenagers I promise! I just think that it is easier for YA characters to be more idealized. The adult characters from my favorite books seemed so flawed by comparison. I’d love to know what characters you would take with you on a deserted island. Tell me in the comments!
- Ender Wiggin, from Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
- Toby, from The MaddAddam Trilogy by Margaret Atwood
- Levi, from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (just because of my huge crush on him)
- Hermione Granger, from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (magic tent from book 7 … need I say more?)
- Ethan Figman, from The Interestings by Meg Molitzer
- Katniss Everdeen, from Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Cricket Bell, from Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (he’d be like the professor on Gilligan’s Island)
- A, from Everyday by David Levithan
- Calvin, from A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Four, from Divergent by Veronica Roth
Big thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this weekly book meme.
21 thoughts on “Top Ten Characters I’d Want on a Deserted Island with Me”
Four was my biggest oversight. I was a fool for forgetting him.
Did your shelf/header photo change?
I was shocked when he wasn’t on your list.
And yes, I did take some new shelf photos for the header.
I thought so! I like it!
I want to call a do-over for my list, lol. 🙂 Can I bring both Four AND Theo James?? 😉
Hmm, let me think. Mine is totally going to include of all the men who’ve ruined all other men for me.
1. Christian Grey, 50 Shades of Grey because he’d keep me entertained at night. #iwentthere
2. Peeta Mellark, Hunger Games because he’d know how to bake something on an open fire.
3. Katniss Everdeen, Hunger Games because she could hunt and keep Peeta company 😉
4. Jay Gatsby, The Great Gatsby because I bet he’d tell a great story every night.
5. R from Warm Bodies because zombies will save you and can’t be killed, because, well, they’re undead.
6. Will Sumner, Beautiful Player because he would give me someone to go running with on the island.
7. Warner from Shatter Me/ Ignite Me because he’d be in charge of protection and looking hot all the time.
8. Edward Cullen, Twilight because R the zombie could use an undead pal plus Edward could also hunt.
9. Chloe Mills, Beautiful Bastard because I want her as my best friend.
10. Holly Golightly because I’d desperately need someone to talk about Tiffany’s with.
I was definitely tempted to put Edward Cullen and Christian Grey on my list for the same reasons!
I should have put Four on my list too! Oops.
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. I liked your list as is though.
Great picks! Four made my list, mainly for eye candy reasons but he’d be great in that situation too. Katniss is probably on 99% of lists today and for good reason. I would definitely get her put on hunting duty. Hermione’s magic would be useful, she could get you off the island! 🙂 Here’s my TTT.
Yes! Four is definitely a double threat: gorgeous and resourceful.
Ahhh yes, I didn’t think about Hermione’s magic tent when I choose her, but yea that would make things a lot easier on a deserted island 🙂
As much as I like almost all the characters from Harry Potter (at least the good guys) the magic tent is what put Hermione to the top of my list. Thanks for commenting!
I can’t believe I left off Hermione! She’d be perfect. I like the Cricket Bell addition. Of course every island needs a professor!
I like the idea of Cricket inventing the coconut radio or the bicycle electricity generator.
Toby’s a great pick. And so intriguing! Why Ethan Figman?
I just liked him so much. I liked the way he simultaneously saw the best in people and saw things the way they really were. Although he might not add much in terms of survival…
AH! FOUR! <4 Cricket and Levi are great picks too. I'd be gladly stuck anywhere with those two.
I know! Cricket and Levi are definitely at the top of my literary crush list!
Katniss is a must have on a deserted island! great list.
Great picks! I’d totally take Katniss and Four too 🙂