You guys might have noticed from some of my recent marry date or dump choices that I’ve been getting more into fantasy lately. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still in love with contemporary and I still think contemporary probably makes the most sense for me as a writer, but I’m enjoying reading books with magic and curses and powers people don’t understand a lot. There are so many good fantasy series coming out right now (or that I somehow missed in my contemporary-only binge). Here are five that I can’t stop talking about.
- The Winner’s Curse, by Marie Rutkoski (also the sequel The Winner’s Crime)
- Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo (I finished book two in the bath today and can’t wait to get my hands on the next Grisha book!)
- An Ember in the Ashes, by Sabaa Tahir
- Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J. Maas
Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Any other fantasy recommendations (other than Raven Boys and Artemis Fowl which I put on hold at the library after Tuesday’s post)?