Usually when I have a hard time with top ten tuesday, it’s because I have to narrow down my long list of ideas into just 10 answer. This week that was not the problem. More and more I like the books I read. I’m also pretty predisposed to liking most characters, especially characters most people love. So my list this week is pretty short, and definitely full of characters that are not actually loved by everyone. Although I think they are loved by some – just not by me.
- Mr. Knightley from Emma, by Jane Austen. I love the film version, but in the book he’s too bossy and condescending for my tastes!
- Sal Paradise from On the Road, by Jack Kerouac. Nothing about this book particularly impressed me, but I know it is a favorite to many.
- Jacob from Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen.
- Adam Kent from Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi
- Jamie Frazer from Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. The fact that I didn’t connect with this book baffles many family, friends, and myself.
This is all I could come up with. Better luck next Tuesday! What characters do you dislike? Maybe you can help me come up with more for myself.
Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting this weekly book meme!