I’m closing out my fifth year blogging, and I can barely believe it. My life, my blog, and blogging in general have changed so much since I started in January 2012. But what hasn’t changed is that I really like this space that exists on the blog. That’s why I keep doing this I guess. My most popular post written this year (by leaps and bounds) is somewhat bittersweet. It is the post I wrote just after my grandmother died: My Nana, Jo Barton. It feels fitting that this was so popular, and Nana would have loved it. It also lead to so many friends and acquaintances of her to reach out to me – which really meant the world.
Here are some of my other most popular posts from 2016:
- Most Popular Book Review: Bookishly Ever After, by Isabel Bandeira
- Most Popular Top Ten Tuesday: Top Characters Everyone Loves But I Don’t Get
- Most Popular Writing Post *this one is bittersweet too*: Best. Writing Motivation. Ever.
- Most Popular Reading Post: Reading More “Adult” Books
- Most Popular Post About My Life: The Story of my MFA told through Twitter
- Most Popular WTF 2016 ?!?! Post: On Tuesday
Also, in case you are interested…In 2016 I started writing for one of my favorite book blogs, Book Riot. Here are a few of my favorite articles that I’ve written for them:
- 100 Must-Read Books About Sisters
- YA Featuring Girls Who Love STEM
- 21 Books Called “The Next Harry Potter”
- Fat Girls in Romance Novels
Thanks so much readers who’ve sticked with my blog for so long. It means so much that anyone at all reads what I’m writing. I’m hoping to announce some exciting news in the next week or two so stay posted!