- My summer commuting uptown to teach writing classes is basically over. It’s been hilarious, inspirational, and exhausting. I’ve worked with kids and teens ages seven to eighteen on short stories, novel beginnings, poems, plays, memoir, and essays. I’m constantly in awe of my youngest writers’ totally unselfconscious approach to writing. But especially after a week with all seven-year-old boys (poop jokes and dinosaur stories galore!), I’m ready to get back to college students next week.
- Also … more writing time! I have revisions to write and new stories I can’t wait to draft. I’ve done okay balancing working and writing, but I’m itching to have more time in front of my computer.
- YA Twitter for the win! After the YA Twitter craziness last week (I won’t even go into it), Sona Charaipotra and Zoraida Córdova set the record straight on what’s really going on. Then yesterday book twitter uncovered a very bizarre plot to scam the NYT Bestseller list.
- There is going to be another Pride and Prejudice adaptation. I obviously can’t get enough of these!
- Thirty is right around the corner. I take birthdays hard most of the time. Like I had my first quarter life crisis at age ten. But I’m super pumped to turn thirty and say goodbye to my twenties, and this month I planned a fun trip to celebrate the big birthday.
2 thoughts on “Five Good Things”
Oh my goodness, I had a breakdown when I turned nine because I was getting SO OLD! Hope you have a great birthday!
Same though. Thank you!