Hi friends and happy Tuesday! This is a *very* special top ten, because it’s The Artsy Read Girl’s first time hosting the meme. Thank you so much for taking this over. It literally is one of my favorite parts of the week (hence the part of blogging that I *almost* never skip). I feel a little ambivalent on setting goals like this, because I LOVE reading and I don’t want it to feel like a job or like I’m checking off boxes constantly. But I do like the intention setting spirit of January. So in that vein, here are ten reading goals I would love to accomplish this year. But you know what? If I don’t, I’m giving myself permission to say no big deal.
- Read one hundred books – I already put this one on goodreads. Some years I make this, some years I don’t. But it still feels like a nice round number to shoot for.
- Read at least 50% 2018 releases.
- Read at least 40% authors of color.
- Read at least 10% authors that are LGBTQ.
- Read at least 10% debut authors.
- Read more romance novels – I love them so much, they are easy to read, and they make me happy. I don’t know why I don’t read more of them, honestly. But this year I’m going to stop denying myself.
- Read at least 10 books of poetry.
- Finish reading as many of the fat positive books from this list as possible.
- Read more middle grade books to talk to my students about.
- Write Amazon reviews for all of my 2017 five star books.
What are your reading goals for 2018? Also … do you have any recs that will help me achieve one of mine?