Hi friends and happy Tuesday! This is a *very* special top ten, because it’s The Artsy Read Girl’s first time hosting the meme. Thank you so much for taking this over. It literally is one of my favorite parts of the week (hence the part of blogging that I *almost* never skip). I feel a little ambivalent on setting goals like this, because I LOVE reading and I don’t want it to feel like a job or like I’m checking off boxes constantly. But I do like the intention setting spirit of January. So in that vein, here are ten reading goals I would love to accomplish this year. But you know what? If I don’t, I’m giving myself permission to say no big deal.
- Read one hundred books – I already put this one on goodreads. Some years I make this, some years I don’t. But it still feels like a nice round number to shoot for.
- Read at least 50% 2018 releases.
- Read at least 40% authors of color.
- Read at least 10% authors that are LGBTQ.
- Read at least 10% debut authors.
- Read more romance novels – I love them so much, they are easy to read, and they make me happy. I don’t know why I don’t read more of them, honestly. But this year I’m going to stop denying myself.
- Read at least 10 books of poetry.
- Finish reading as many of the fat positive books from this list as possible.
- Read more middle grade books to talk to my students about.
- Write Amazon reviews for all of my 2017 five star books.
What are your reading goals for 2018? Also … do you have any recs that will help me achieve one of mine?
10 thoughts on “Ten Reading Goals for 2018”
I used to post my reviews on Amazon but they recently got deleted for some unknown reason! They don’t like to tell me why, which is frustrating! I hope you achieve your goals this year. They look achievable that’s for sure!
Hmmmm that’s so interesting about the Amazon reviews. Very weird.
Ooh 7 is a great one! I don’t read enough poetry, which is a shame because there are some fantastic collections out there. Best of luck with all of your goals!
Thank you! Reading more poetry is definitely one I’m excited about!
I love your resolutions! Two debut authors coming out in 2018 that I can think of are CG Drews with A Thousand Perfect Notes and Cass Morris with From Unseen Fire. You might consider adding those to your TBR!
Thanks! Finding Debuts is always the hardest for me so this is incredibly helpful!
I don’t read a lot of romances (unless there is a dog involved or on the cover) but I find them great to read when some of my other genres get too heavy. I’m a firm believer in reading what makes you happy!
I love the dog on the cover rule! That seriously just made me laugh out loud!
Oh poetry that’s a great one. I should read more poetry as well. Used to love it when we did poetry at school, but now I rarely read any. Do you have some recs? I just finished my Furyborn arc and you might want to consider it for your tbr. It will be published in may 2018.
I love romance books! And you should definitely read what makes you feel good, I’m trying to do the same this year.