All the vampire chat on twitter this week is making me nostalgic for one of the most consuming, encompassing book series of my reading history. So, even though the book often reads as a what not to do list of lessons (i.e. sneak into the bedroom of your crush to watch them sleep without permission), here you go:
1. Teenagers can exaggerate and love can make you a crazy person: “About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.”
2. Ditto everything from number 1 and also it’s hard to be vulnerable: “Even more, I had never meant to love him. One thing I truly knew – knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest – was how love gave someone the power to break you”
3. There’s always a silver lining: “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.”
4. Pay attention to the details: “I said it would be better if we weren’t friends, not that I didn’t want to be.”
5. Right and wrong aren’t always black and white: “The right thing isn’t always real obvious. Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else. So…good luck figuring that out.”
5 thoughts on “Five Life Lessons from Twilight”
My best friend once said, “If you reframe Twilight as a cautionary tale about how teenagers should probably not be trusted to make permanent life decisions, it still kinda works.” I’ve always found that analysis of the series delightful.
Also I forgot how much I love the quote “I said it would be better if we weren’t friends, not that I didn’t want to be.” So good.
Haha I love that analysis too!
lol love this. twilight is a great book but sometimes hard to get. so thanks for making it more clear. 🙂 i appreciate the life lessons.
Thanks for commenting! I’m glad you enjoyed the post!
Yeah it was great. I love Twilight so ♥ yeah it was the best!!!