April could have been a little warmer, but we had some nice days in there and I got to see lots of nice people and read lots of nice books. Am I overusing the word nice? Sorry, I got in late on a flight to California last night and am feeling a little zoney bologna this afternoon. Probably time for a nap!
I’m coming to the end of a first draft on my new book. I also wrote my all time favorite Book Riot article while interviewing my mom about romance novels this month. I also created my first online quiz, in case you want to find out which sister from Little Women you are. I got Meg … even though I think I’m more of a Jo.
Reading-wise, I’m still on a HUGE romance kick. Seriously, I read six romance novels this month. SIX! My favorites were The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory and Any Duchess Will Do by Tessa Dare. I also read American Panda, Children of Blood and Bone, and an advanced copy of The Forest Queen (a gender swapped, feminist Robin Hood retelling that I think you’ll all love). And I’m still slowly slogging through Possession by A.S. Bryant.
Other highlights from the month include:
- Some beautiful afternoons reading, writing, or grading papers in the park.
- Waking up early with my friends to go watch the sunrise on Easter morning in Coney Island.
- A walk from one side of the Bronx to the other (including Jamaican pastries, Dominican cake, Italian Sandwiches, and Bronx brewed beer).
- A visit from my best high school friend.
- Eating Sri Lankan food twice – because it’s NYC and I can and because it’s SO DELICIOUS.
Now I’m enjoying a long weekend in Northern California and a family wedding. What were your April’s like? What are you looking forward to reading/writing/doing this month?