Happy Tuesday! I think I know my reading habits well enough to usually predict what books I will like and what books I won’t. But that wasn’t always the case. Also … sometimes when I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone, I’ve ended up loving a book, learning something new about writing or storytelling, or at least appreciating that I read it. This week I dived into my goodreads archives, and came up with these ten books that, frankly, I’m surprised I ever decided to read. Continue reading “Ten Books I Can’t Believe I Read”
Hello friends and happy (almost) end of the month! Seriously, where did January go? I have a feeling 2018 is going to go by in a flash. Even though it still feels like the first week of the year to me, I have had an exciting first month of the year. Continue reading “Goodbye, January!”
Hello and happy Tuesday! Every now and then I love a book but once I’m finished I don’t remember the details very well or I was so engrossed I forget the story. These are all books that I was obsessed with at one point, but don’t remember much about anymore. I guess it’s time for a reread! Continue reading “Ten Books I Liked but Don’t Remember Much About”
Hi friends and happy Tuesday! This is a *very* special top ten, because it’s The Artsy Read Girl’s first time hosting the meme. Thank you so much for taking this over. It literally is one of my favorite parts of the week (hence the part of blogging that I *almost* never skip). I feel a little ambivalent on setting goals like this, because I LOVE reading and I don’t want it to feel like a job or like I’m checking off boxes constantly. But I do like the intention setting spirit of January. So in that vein, here are ten reading goals I would love to accomplish this year. But you know what? If I don’t, I’m giving myself permission to say no big deal.
- Read one hundred books – I already put this one on goodreads. Some years I make this, some years I don’t. But it still feels like a nice round number to shoot for.
- Read at least 50% 2018 releases.
- Read at least 40% authors of color.
- Read at least 10% authors that are LGBTQ.
- Read at least 10% debut authors.
- Read more romance novels – I love them so much, they are easy to read, and they make me happy. I don’t know why I don’t read more of them, honestly. But this year I’m going to stop denying myself.
- Read at least 10 books of poetry.
- Finish reading as many of the fat positive books from this list as possible.
- Read more middle grade books to talk to my students about.
- Write Amazon reviews for all of my 2017 five star books.
What are your reading goals for 2018? Also … do you have any recs that will help me achieve one of mine?
Hi friends! I have somehow not posted a book review since October. How did that happen on my book review blog? Ugh to all other commitments that take my time away – like teaching and writing and friends, etc. Anyway, here are some books I would recommend to pretty much anyone – especially anyone who likes YA books enough to still be reading this blog. So … Continue reading “Three Mini Reviews: Warcross, The Gallery of Unfinished Girls, and Turtles All the Way Down”
Too many books, too little time. I know I’m not the only book blogger – or reader – who feels this way. There are so many books I marked, put on hold at the library, and even bought that I didn’t get to last year. Hoping to get to these ten ASAP, but let’s face it there are always more books coming out every week so … fingers crossed. What books are you hoping to read soon before the tidal wave of 2018 new releases hits your TBR list? Continue reading “Ten Books I Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (Yet!)”